Invitation to Tender
tutti frutti club content creator
Are you bursting with creative ideas?
Do you love to explore and research ideas for children and families?
Are you an imaginative and innovative copywriter or do you have an education background?
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with an interest in meaningful, creative engagement for children and families to develop exciting, playful and distinctive content for a new children and family e-newsletter. You will be required to create and design interactive activities and relevant engaging content in line with our mission and vision.
Deadline for applications: Monday 17 April 2017 at 5pm
Interviews: 26/27 April 2017
For further information or an informal chat please contact Mosa on 0113 388 0027 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who are we?
We are a professional touring theatre company who specialises in bringing fantastic, distinctive and carefully crafted theatre to children aged 3+, their families and teachers across the UK and the world.
What is the project?
We have been awarded a Catalyst Evolve grant from Arts Council England. As part of the funding programme we plan to pilot a friend’s scheme called the tutti frutti club that will form part of our fundraising strategy. The scheme invites parents to subscribe and sign up their child as a member of the tutti frutti club. Alongside discounts and promotional benefits they will receive a welcome pack and quarterly newsletter.
We require an individual to create unique and distinct content for four tutti frutti club e-newsletters (to be distributed over one year) that will include games, activities, information and fun challenges that are suitable for children ages 3-7 and their families.
This role sits as part of a small team:
- The Project Administrator who will be facilitating the friend’s scheme
- The Graphic Designer who will design the template for the newsletter and the tutti frutti club branding
- The Sales & Marketing Manager who will be promoting the friend’s scheme
The role will be managed by the Artistic Director.
The content of the newsletter should be related to our artistic theatre programme as well as national seasonal activities and attractions. It must reflect tutti frutti values and our commitment to the creative case for diversity.
A fixed fee of £1600 inclusive of all travel expenses and VAT if applicable, will be paid to undertake this work. The fee will be paid on receipt of an invoice.
The fee is to cover all the time required to complete the brief and including preparation and attendance at meetings.
The role is offered as a freelance contract and can be delivered from the tutti frutti office or from home. Regular meetings at the tutti frutti office in Leeds will be required.
27 March Applicants invited to tender for contract
17 April Closing date for applications 5pm
19 April Shortlisted candidates notified and invited for interview
26/27 April Interviews to be held in tutti frutti office in Leeds
1 August First newsletter deadline. Further deadlines to be agreed on appointment.
Criteria for Selection
Freelancers tendering for this contract should demonstrate in their application:
- An interest in creative play and activities for children
- An understanding of family friendly activities
- An interest or knowledge of children’s theatre and tutti frutti’s work
- An ability to carry out research and work to deadlines
- An ability to produce clear, accessible and well researched ideas
- An ability to create and write engaging accurate copy
How to Apply
Please submit a written proposal that includes:
- A brief summary on how you meet the criteria for selection – no more than 500 words.
- An explanation of how you would approach and deliver the brief as outlined above – no more than one side of A4.
- A current CV
- Contact details of two references
- Any supporting evidence of your previous work including; pictures, videos links. This can include work undertaken during study/training
All applications to tender should be sent by email to Mosa Mpetha, Project Administrator, email@example.com